Friday, May 14, 2010

Arizona Illegal Immigration Law?

Politically speaking there is of course a need of getting rid of these illegal immigrants in order to maintain our economy and many other issues. All of these illegal immigrants here in United States do have their jobs and they are paid in cash. People do this in order to feed their families or to survive, and due to this the tax that could have been collected otherwise from the legal ones are hidden. This definitely disturbs the economy somehow. Had I been the President of United States, I would have definitely thought about bringing this hidden money back to the government. And this is what I believe they have done to give it a head start. But, is it the right way to do it? No, I don't think so; there could be several other ways to do it.
I totally agree with Curious's idea about the law passed in Arizona, "ridiculous immigration law" is what she says. The first page of the bill states that, "no police officer can use race, ethnic origin, color or country of origin as a basis to form reasonable suspicion". But, this violets the Constitution somehow as no officer would go and ID black, white or Asian as Curious mentioned. I strongly agree with her point here. Mexico being close to Arizona, they would only suspect "brown skin" all the time. So isn't that enough to violate the Constitution? Being an immigrant me myself know how it feels to be racially discriminated. However, all of those illegal immigrants living in Arizona right now would move to some other state, I think, due to the fear of getting deported which indeed would still not solve this immigration problem in Arizona. It is not only the issue of discrimination, but also violets the right to privacy. Therefore, in my opinion the lawmakers should come up with better, practical and unbiased ideas that would not violet our liberty and Constitution.

No comments:

Post a Comment